Showing Boulder County: People and Places
October 5, 2018 – January 27, 2019
at First Congregational Church
1128 Pine Street, Boulder, CO 80302
Call for Artists
This juried, group exhibition is open to all individual members of Boulder County Arts Alliance. Join or renew here.
Applications are through this online form only. There is a $20 application fee.
Please include an artist statement and a brief bio. Attach up to three digital images (300 dpi) for review of the actual piece(s) you would enter into the exhibition. The work must relate to the theme Showing Boulder County: People and Places.
Exhibiting artists will be chosen based on examples of their work. Jury members:
Jennifer Heath, History of the Visual Arts in Boulder (HOVAB)
Robert Colachico, 15th Street Gallery
Cindy Sepucha, Open Studios
Charlotte LaSasso, Boulder County Arts Alliance
Crystal Polis, Boulder County Arts Alliance
- April 2 – Call for Artists opens
- April 30 – Deadline for submissions to BCAA
- June 4 – Notifications sent. BCAA will send a copy of the exhibit Agreement to exhibiting artists.
- August 31 – Signed agreements due
- October 1 – Delivery of artwork – no exceptions
- October 1-4 – Exhibition Installation
- October 5 – Exhibition Opening at First Congregational Church, part of First Friday
- January 27 – Exhibition Closes
- January 28 – Pick up Artwork – no exceptions
- Artwork must have been created no earlier than 2015. We want recent work!
- Artwork size is restricted to 36” wide x 72” tall and weighing no more than 40 lbs.
- Artwork must be ready to hang with d-rings and wire.
- Very limited space is available for three-dimensional works.
- Artwork must be self-insured. Neither First Congregational Church nor BCAA offers insurance.
- The McMane Arts Ministry with input from the BCAA jury will install the exhibition at their discretion.
- Artwork can be available for sale. Neither First Congregational Church nor BCAA will receive a commission on work sold. The artist will retain 100% of sale price. For this purpose, affix a business card to the reverse of your work, so that the Church staff can find your information and allow the buyer to contact you directly. For three-dimensional work, we will keep a contact sheet in the Church office.
March 30 – April 7, 2018