Showing Boulder County: People and Places
October 5, 2018 – January 27, 2019
at First Congregational Church
1128 Pine Street, Boulder, CO 80302
Call for Artists
This juried, group exhibition is open to all individual members of Boulder County Arts Alliance. Join or renew here.
Applications are through this online form only. There is a $20 application fee.
Please include an artist statement and a brief bio. Attach up to three digital images (300 dpi) for review of the actual piece(s) you would enter into the exhibition. The work must relate to the theme Showing Boulder County: People and Places.
Exhibiting artists will be chosen based on examples of their work. Jury members:
Jennifer Heath, History of the Visual Arts in Boulder (HOVAB)
Robert Colachico, 15th Street Gallery
Cindy Sepucha, Open Studios
Charlotte LaSasso, Boulder County Arts Alliance
Crystal Polis, Boulder County Arts Alliance
- April 2 – Call for Artists opens
- April 30 – Deadline for submissions to BCAA
- June 4 – Notifications sent. BCAA will send a copy of the exhibit Agreement to exhibiting artists.
- August 31 – Signed agreements due
- October 1 – Delivery of artwork – no exceptions
- October 1-4 – Exhibition Installation
- October 5 – Exhibition Opening at First Congregational Church, part of First Friday
- January 27 – Exhibition Closes
- January 28 – Pick up Artwork – no exceptions
- Artwork must have been created no earlier than 2015. We want recent work!
- Artwork size is restricted to 36” wide x 72” tall and weighing no more than 40 lbs.
- Artwork must be ready to hang with d-rings and wire.
- Very limited space is available for three-dimensional works.
- Artwork must be self-insured. Neither First Congregational Church nor BCAA offers insurance.
- The McMane Arts Ministry with input from the BCAA jury will install the exhibition at their discretion.
- Artwork can be available for sale. Neither First Congregational Church nor BCAA will receive a commission on work sold. The artist will retain 100% of sale price. For this purpose, affix a business card to the reverse of your work, so that the Church staff can find your information and allow the buyer to contact you directly. For three-dimensional work, we will keep a contact sheet in the Church office.
March 30 – April 7, 2018
Join ArtWalk to demonstrate your craft at a fun community event downtown on Saturday May 19th. Attendance is estimated at 3-5,000 Longmonsters. Artists are invited to exhibit, demonstrate, engage, and play! Some funding available for interactive projects, space provided at no charge for Artists-In-Action, artist booth fees are only $45.
Help keep the Boulder Star shining during the 2018 holiday season!
Open to all artists in the Boulder region. Applications are due March 16 and are available through the online form only.
The Boulder Chamber seeks to commission a local artist, in association with Boulder County Arts Alliance, to create an original image that it can license for the 2018 Boulder Star Holiday Card, a wine label, and possibly other items.
Please read the Information & Requirements page before applying.
Calling all LAG members! We have opened up registration for our annual art show and sale at the Great Frame Up located at 430 Main St. in downtown Longmont.
Event Dates: March 9, 2018 through April 7, 2018
Artist Reception & Awards (voting!): Friday March 9th from 5 to 8pm
Deadline for Entry: February 15, 2018
Entry Fee: $35 for up to 3 pieces. Must be a current LAG member (click here to join)
Art Pick Up: Saturday April 7th or Monday April 9th from 10am to 5pm. No exceptions.
Categories: 2D, 3D and Photography. Size is limited to space available. All artwork must be properly wired and ready to hang. No sawtooth hangers or exposed glass edges. Gallery wrapped artwork is acceptable with proper wiring.
Please click here to download the application.
Theme | LANDSCAPES
All types of photographic processes are eligible for the Landscapes exhibition.
Entries Due | December 13, 2017
Notice Of Acceptance | January 17, 2017
Exhibition Dates | May 18 – June 16, 2018
Public + Artists’ Reception | TBD, 2018
ARTIST HONORS AND AWARDS
All selected artists’ work is exhibited in our Main Exhibition Space and in the Online Exhibition complete with artist website links. C4FAP also provides professional installation images, event Press Release and social media promotions with an audience of 180,000+ followers internationally. All artists and friends are welcome to celebrate the exhibition with us at the Reception.
JUROR’S AWARD: $400
DIRECTOR’S AWARD: $200
ARTIST IMMERSION SATURDAY
Artists can opt to join us for Saturday morning individual portfolio reviews with our Executive Director. Saturday afternoon there is a private artist portfolio share where the artists are given the opportunity to discuss their work, receive feedback and professional development advice. Selected Artists are welcome to join for all or part of the Saturday events. Free for members, $40 for non-members.
JUROR | Allie Haeusslein
Allie Haeusslein is the Associate Director of Pier 24 Photography in San Francisco. She is involved in all facets of the organization’s operations including exhibitions, publications, and public programs. Haeusslein has written for several artist monographs and contributes to publications such as Art21 Magazine and Aperture. In 2017, she curated the central exhibition at the inaugural edition of PHOTOFAIRS SF, focusing on contemporary approaches to the Western landscape by photographers based primarily in California and the Pacific Northwest.
SUBMISSION | ENTRY FEE
MEMBERS | $24 for the three images.
NON-MEMBERS | $38 for the first three images.
ADDITIONAL IMAGES may be submitted for $7 each for members and $10 each for non-members. There is no limit to the number of images that may be submitted.
For more information, please click here.
Boulder Artisan Shop is a Pop Up Shop for the Holidays. Great location on Pearl Street Mall. Open for business already…..
Join the 16 Artists and help complete the store.
Booth rentals affordable, commission is a low 30%.
Arts needed: Ceramics, Baby cloths, Silk screening, etc.
Stop by 1123 Pearl Street (The Old Vintage Clothing Store) and reserve your space today.
What Art Opportunities, Visual Art
When Open now til Dec. 31, 2017
Where Pearl Street Mall, 1123 Pearl Street, Boulder, CO
Cost Fee for booth and 30 percent commission
Contact Store direct
Danish Furniture is having its annual Art Show and Sale.
Saturday, Oct.21st from 10-4:00.
Featuring twelve artists whose work includes paintings, glass, photography, weaving, woodworking and much more.
Great gift ideas for the holidays, live music and catered food….come join us!