The Boulder County Fair is now accepting entries for the art exhibit during the fair.
Fair Dates: August 3-12 2018
Entry can be done through:
Mail in – Due July 16th
BCF, 9595 Nelson Rd
Longmont, CO 80501
Walk In – BCF Office at address above or online (due by July 23rd)
Questions? Call us at 720-864-6460
Most departments entry Costs are $5.00 / Exhibitor for first ten exhibits then $1 thereafter per exhibit.
See different departments for exceptions.
Mail In or Drop Off Entry Deadline:
July 16, 2018
On-line entries accepted until
July 23, 2018.
Exhibit Check In:
All Exhibits must be brought to the Boulder County Fair Exhibit Building for Check In on Wednesday, August 1, from 4-7:00 p.m. with the appropriate department, except Quilts and Crops & Gardens Shows (see specific departments for details). Late Entries may also be accepted on day of Check In, please see specific Class. All Late Entries are subject to a $ 5.00 late charge payable at the Late Entry Check-in. Exhibits sent by mail will not be accepted.
Please contact the BCF if you have any questions. 720-864-6460
Come to the Boulder County Fairgrounds Barn A on Saturday June 9th from 9am to 8pm to check out our fantastic art show and sale with gift shop!
Our artists will be demonstrating their skills all day Saturday. Here’s the schedule:
Susan Steven/Colored Pencils
Cliff DeJong/Drone Photography
Jill Rumley- Collage with beer labels
Lenina Olivas – oils
Janis Buck – artsy stuff
Murth Murthty – Digital Painting using Corel painter
The Louisville Art Association is seeking to contract a part-time Financial Administrative Assistant. Hours are approximately 15-25 hours a month, and flexibility with hours throughout the year is desired.
Financial duties include: working with QuickBooks (reconciliation and reporting), preparing and filing taxes (Form 990EZ), completing the SCFD Grant Application and acting as the Show Treasurer. Administrative duties include: maintaining the membership list, using CAFÉ ( www.callforentry.org)
, and training members to use CAFÉ for the LAA National Fine Arts Show.
Interested persons should send a cover letter and resume to Anne ORourke, President of LAA.
The Longmont Artists’ Guild is a non-profit 501(c)(3) entity. As a part of our non-profit status, the guild looks for different ways to give back to our community.
This year, we participated as judges for the Saint Vrain Valley School District Art Show.
We awarded $25 Gift Card fromMichaels Arts & Crafts to young artists from the Elementary, Middle School and High School categories.
For a full list of winners, please visit our website.
If you have a suggestion on how we can serve our community, please feel free to present your idea to our board for consideration.
Showing Boulder County: People and Places
October 5, 2018 – January 27, 2019
at First Congregational Church
1128 Pine Street, Boulder, CO 80302
Call for Artists
This juried, group exhibition is open to all individual members of Boulder County Arts Alliance. Join or renew here.
Applications are through this online form only. There is a $20 application fee.
Please include an artist statement and a brief bio. Attach up to three digital images (300 dpi) for review of the actual piece(s) you would enter into the exhibition. The work must relate to the theme Showing Boulder County: People and Places.
Exhibiting artists will be chosen based on examples of their work. Jury members:
Jennifer Heath, History of the Visual Arts in Boulder (HOVAB)
Robert Colachico, 15th Street Gallery
Cindy Sepucha, Open Studios
Charlotte LaSasso, Boulder County Arts Alliance
Crystal Polis, Boulder County Arts Alliance
- April 2 – Call for Artists opens
- April 30 – Deadline for submissions to BCAA
- June 4 – Notifications sent. BCAA will send a copy of the exhibit Agreement to exhibiting artists.
- August 31 – Signed agreements due
- October 1 – Delivery of artwork – no exceptions
- October 1-4 – Exhibition Installation
- October 5 – Exhibition Opening at First Congregational Church, part of First Friday
- January 27 – Exhibition Closes
- January 28 – Pick up Artwork – no exceptions
- Artwork must have been created no earlier than 2015. We want recent work!
- Artwork size is restricted to 36” wide x 72” tall and weighing no more than 40 lbs.
- Artwork must be ready to hang with d-rings and wire.
- Very limited space is available for three-dimensional works.
- Artwork must be self-insured. Neither First Congregational Church nor BCAA offers insurance.
- The McMane Arts Ministry with input from the BCAA jury will install the exhibition at their discretion.
- Artwork can be available for sale. Neither First Congregational Church nor BCAA will receive a commission on work sold. The artist will retain 100% of sale price. For this purpose, affix a business card to the reverse of your work, so that the Church staff can find your information and allow the buyer to contact you directly. For three-dimensional work, we will keep a contact sheet in the Church office.
March 30 – April 7, 2018
Join ArtWalk to demonstrate your craft at a fun community event downtown on Saturday May 19th. Attendance is estimated at 3-5,000 Longmonsters. Artists are invited to exhibit, demonstrate, engage, and play! Some funding available for interactive projects, space provided at no charge for Artists-In-Action, artist booth fees are only $45.
Help keep the Boulder Star shining during the 2018 holiday season!
Open to all artists in the Boulder region. Applications are due March 16 and are available through the online form only.
The Boulder Chamber seeks to commission a local artist, in association with Boulder County Arts Alliance, to create an original image that it can license for the 2018 Boulder Star Holiday Card, a wine label, and possibly other items.
Please read the Information & Requirements page before applying.